Monday, May 11, 2009

Another week...

I can't believe I'm heading into my third week on the sales floor at my new job!

Yesterday I talked to my mom (obvious) and she told me all about a cold call she'd recently received from an auto warranty company, amusingly located in NoHo where I now live. They hung up on her upon realizing she wasn't going to buy. My company doesn't do that, but I still hate being in an industry that has such a bad rap from so many shitty companies!

Nonetheless, I'm going into work with the positive attitude that I'll at least get two deals today ! Starting out strong will make the rest of the week much better! I mean, it has to be better - Friday's pay check wasn't quite as good as I thought it would be (damn taxes) and this Friday's is going to be much worse since I sold less last week...

This week I really need to pound the pavement for a waitressing job as well. Wednesday morning I'll be registering with Central Casting, the main booking agency for background artists, or extras, for all the major films and TV shows. Being an extra is not glamorous in the least; although it's mindless, I've heard it's exhausting. As I've mentioned before, I'd rather uncomfortably stand on a set all day for only $8 an hour than do my current job. If I could work consistently between being an extra and giving tours at Universal (when it picks up this summer), I think I could be okay.

No comments: