Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Work... Olympics... Acting Class... Work... Olympics... Work... Olympics...

I am so thankful to actually be getting a lot of shifts at Universal since getting back in LA. I worked this past Thursday, Saturday and Sunday and will work today, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday! I know for those of you with set schedules that's no big deal, but it's exciting for me since I'm low on seniority and had not been getting enough hours. Not to mention the fact that it's keeping me busy and pulled me out of the funk I was quickly settling back into after being reminded how wonderful home is.

I've also been really inspired by the Olympics. I am not at all a patriotic person, in fact an overabundance of patriotism usually annoys the shit out of me and is quite frankly frightening. Nor am I a die hard fan of any given sports team. But, there's something undeniable about the Olympics. More about that later... It's too great of an emotion to put into words right now. A simpler great thing about the Olympics is that it's something we all agree on in the Tour Guide break room! I watch it at work, then coming home to watch it makes me feel like less of a loser. I'm not out doing something fun and exciting because I'm in my apartment watching the Olympics! A perfectly acceptable excuse for lacking social interaction! :)

Tonight, however, I was at two acting classes until 10:30 p.m.ish. First I had my normal acting class that I've attended for a few months now. I did my scene first then left early to go to a free casting director workshop at Universal. It was great! For the cold read my scene partner and I were perfectly cast with a fantastic and funny script, in which I used an accent and even got to sing!

Then I came back to my place to catch mens gymnastics and some swimming!

Anyway... I have an 8:30 a.m. shift, so I don't know why I'm blogging....

No comments: