Monday, August 4, 2008

The longest day ever...

Today I've walked through three time zones, but the following is all converted to LA time...

1 a.m. - I left my beautiful Toledo home for the Detroit airport.

3:40 a.m. - My plane was supposed to take off.

4:25 a.m. - My plane actually took off.

A couple hours later - With only 30 minutes to change planes in Denver, I not only made it, I also signed up for an airline credit card with which I get a "free" round-trip flight! There's actually a $50 fee, but hell yeah! GREAT DEAL!

10 a.m. - A couple more hours and a screaming brat later, we landed on schedule at LAX.

10:20 a.m. - I finally exited the plane; before baggage claim - Starbucks!

11:20 a.m. - After a half hour wait, I was on the $4 Flyaway shuttle to the Van Nuys station.

12:30 p.m. - After a $25 / 8 mile cab ride I was back in my apartment, but not for long...

1 p.m. - I rushed to keep a dreaded annual medical appointment schedule two months ago.

1:50 p.m. - I FINALLY got into an exam room.

2:45 p.m. - At the apartment again I quickly ate, showered, printed and filled out a 20 page contract and got things together for acting class.

4:45 p.m. - I dropped off the contract to the Gameshow Network office in Burbank... aka - I was asked to take the next step in becoming a Bingo America contestant.

5:15 p.m. - I arrived in Hollywood to rehearse with my scene partner before class; he wasn't on time so I fell asleep on a couch/set piece.

6 p.m. - now (9:30 p.m.) - Acting class... I'm currently being a bad student/peer and blogging from my iPhone. :)

Not soon enough - Food and sleep.

No comments: