Monday, July 7, 2008

The bad breaks before the "big break"

Believe it or not, LA television is horrible! I don't have cable and the network affiliates out here choose to rerun the worst sitcoms and they play entertainment news shows all the time.

Of course, late night TV everywhere is bad; it's 3 a.m. and I'm watching the movie Poison Ivy 3 (1997).

It's about a destructive seductress, Violet, who returns to a wealthy daughter and father, for whom her mother used to be a maid. She literally works as a dominatrix and sleeps with her childhood friends boyfriend and father, while spinning a web of lies and deceit. Spoiler alert: three of four lead characters die. There's never full frontal nudity (at least not in this TV edit!), but a lot of very suggestive scenes, it's your typical bad movie that you just can't turn off!

As I watch it, I can't help but wonder, "whatever happened to her career!?" One of the hardest things about this industry is knowing what projects to do... What will be a huge success? What will ruin you? It seems to me, the slutty female lead probably went from this movie, to a phone sex commercial...

The boyfriend, on the other hand, is one of those hunks with an Abercrombie model face and perfect, silky hair. He intrigued me, surely with a look like that, he's gone on to do more, so I "imdb-ed him." That stands for Internet Movie Data Base and I don't know about the rest of the world, but among movie buffs and industry folks, that term is as common as "I googled it."

Anyway, I was right, he's Greg Vaughan, who plays "Lucky Spencer" on General Hospital, among other TV and film credits.

As for that crazy, slutty lead character, well, I retract my previous statements because she's the Emmy Award winning "Joy Turner" on My Name Is Earl... Jamie Pressly!

No comments: