Thursday, July 2, 2009

For the first time ever, I don't want this blemish gone in the morning!

To my surprise, I did get a call back for the Neutrogena SkinID trial for this afternoon. (Read the previous post first if this is new to you.) So I am actually hoping that my current blemishes don't clear up! It was odd yesterday morning, as I looked at myself in the mirror wondering, "is it bad enough?"

Is it bad enough? Of course it is! As I told the camera yesterday, I can't believe I've been dealing with this problem since I was in junior high; I'm a little bit of a control freak and my skin has never been something I could control. It saddened me to realize, what seems good by my usual standards for my face, and hopefully not too good for the purposes of this trial, should not be acceptable for anyone!

I told them yesterday, "I saw a skincare ad that was 'finally' for the woman who is too young for wrinkles but too old for acne, but I don't know who that is! I don't feel one bit sorry for her! I'm at an age that I need a product to combat both and I haven't found that yet; I'm an ignored demographic." I have no idea what SkinID targets, but that's honestly how I feel. I'm sure there is an appropriate product out there, but I don't have the money or time to try new things. Once you find a decent routine, you're hesitant to disturb the somewhat good thing that you have going, but a free trial... Fantastic!

As soon as I left yesterday I was thinking of all the things I should have said, so hopefully I'll get the opportunity to say them at the callback today.

No comments: