Wednesday, June 10, 2009

This is why I don't like being early...

"To be early is to be on time; to be on time is to be late and to be late is unacceptable."

There are people in this world who live by that motto; they are better than I. I like to be just a tad early, but right on time for the most part. Being too early makes me crazy.

Case in point, I had to move my car at 8 a.m. My guy's flight gets in at 11:15. On the way, I need to stop at a store that opens at 10:30... So here I sit at 9:38, going C*R*A*Z*Y! My makeup is on, my apartment is clean, I am just waiting to leave. I probably should have gone to the grocery this morning, but now there's not quite enough time to do that...

Right now my guy is somewhere over Colorado (thanks to flightaware.com) and I just want him here. Now. It's been two months and two days since we last saw each other, which is not long in comparison to some distance relationships, but the longest he and I have ever been apart in our five and a half years (today!) of knowing one another.

I don't know how, but I made it through the last two days of work and am looking forward to seven days with him. We have a loose schedule of great things planned, including two free movies, a day at Universal, hopefully a day at the beach if the thermometer can manage to crack into the 70s... I do have rehearsals for the mini-musical, but other than that, it's just he and I!

Needless to say, I'll likely not be blogging much...

No comments: