Thursday, June 25, 2009

Headed to Iron Man 2!

I am headed off to my first gig through Central Casting - extra work on Iron Man 2! It's going to be huge, I'm guessing like 500 extras; we're supposed to be attendees at a techie expo in New York City. We had to agree to "lots of running," so I assume it's a scene where all hell breaks loose.

My biggest concern is hunger. I'm eating now, but this is my first meal of the day; I have to be there at 6:30 and it'll last 8 to 12 hours. I highly doubt they'll have craft services (food on set) for such a large scene with so many extras. I'm taking a snack, but with that, a second outfit just in case and planning whether to carry a purse or keep the few essentials on me, I feel like like I'm packing for a trip! $8 an hour shouldn't take such mental energy! I guess I'm just a little nervous; it's not that my "performance" will actually be seen by anyone or that I'll even make the credits, but rather that it's my first time on a big, working production, and first job with Central. I don't want to fuck up in any way...

I'm sure I'll have lots of fun updates, stories and maybe even a picture later.

No comments: