Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year - Same Stress

Sorry folks, I've been spending my time on my other subject-specific blog, as opposed to this one where I usually have to tackle plans and feelings and difficult things. We all know it just easier to bottle it up, but it all comes out eventually.

Even before the champagne was popped open on New Years Eve, my emotions were bubbling over. But I really don't feel like getting into it, so here are the cliff notes...

The holidays were great. I survived hosting my guy's family and always enjoy being around my own. After my rant about Universal, they did schedule to the bottom of the list last week and I missed two shifts, which is not too awful in terms of attendance points.

One of the benefits of being home was supposed to be that I could easily remove our animals when the house was being shown. If only our shitty agent would actually get us some showings!!! We finally got one this past Friday and then the couple brought their parents to see the house Sunday. The agent said they looked at six houses Sunday and we're now in their top three, even though the parents "totally picked the place apart." I'm excited about the possibility, but my guy is really sick of the process. Our house has been in the top three before and he's not getting excited about anything until there's actually an offer.

I can't begin to share how difficult and frustrating it is to prepare and maintain a large house for showing, I don't know how people with kids do it! It's also nauseating that our home has actually depreciated despite our good neighborhood and upgrades. I get so angry when I watch shows on HGTV that feature nothing but appreciation - not here! Worst of all, if it doesn't sell soon, I fear I'll still be alone in LA when my lease is up at the end of April and I won't know what living situation to get into next.

On a lighter note, yes that was me on national TV this weekend. "Gameshow in my Head," a new show I was a paid audience member for several months ago finally aired. I DVRed two episodes, even though I didn't recognize their summaries. Indeed, when I went back and watched them they were not the episodes I was there for, however I was featured in reaction shots. Ah the magic of editing! It'll be interesting to see if I'm in the episodes that I actually was there for! I specifically remember one of the contestants was a college basketball player from Ohio and the other was a middle-aged woman who had to pretend to be a psych ward escapee.

As for my whereabouts, I'm still in Ohio and frankly don't want to go back to LA. It's not that I don't want to continue pursuing my career, it's that after being in my home with my family and friends, I don't want to go back to the pathetic excuse of a life that I have in LA. I don't know if this makes sense outside my head, but I feel like I've done as much as I can do until I'm truely settled in California with my guy. Happiness directly impacts our health and success; I know life will always have its challenges but being apart is too stressful and lonily for either of us to be at our best.

So yes, I am going back to LA but the flight that was originally scheduled for tomorrow has been pushed back a little bit.

No comments: